making leaf springs stiffer for cheap

bubblegoose

currently has one leaf added and shims removed, will use monroe gas (midrange dont wana spend too much)

just trying to balance it out a bit as the front is nice and firm but the rear still feels like a sponge cake floating in a bowl of custard

they have already been reset 3" adding the axtra standard leaf lifted that shit up 1/2" not too fussed a block will easily fix that

would anti tramp bars stiffen it up any? (by reducing flex a bit maybe i duno im thick) maybe if they were preloaded a bit??

suppose i could just take the top leaf into a spring guy and say 'oi make my shit stiff n low' :lol:

would anti tramp bars stiffen it up any? (by reducing flex a bit maybe i duno im thick) maybe if they were preloaded a bit??

Nope, well it probably would but you wouldn't do it. If you have a pre load on the tramp bars they send weird diff noises and vibrations into the car.

if your leafs are already close to flat then add in a overload leaf like in the pic i posted up... its like twice the thickness of a normal leaf

the extra leaf you added... what size leaf did you add? just a small one on the bottom or did you double up on the main leaf?

if your leafs are already close to flat then add in a overload leaf like in the pic i posted up... its like twice the thickness of a normal leaf

the extra leaf you added... what size leaf did you add? just a small one on the bottom or did you double up on the main leaf?

added a standard centre leaf to the 3" reset pack

might try and find an overload leaf

tbh mang , i would have gotten another leaf made up thicker .

if you do have more then 3 leaves flip the middle one . its dodgy but this will to the job .

tramp bars wont wark too well they are more for diff deflection i reckon .

you could adopt a truck like system but that requires two linking it type thing ..and not cheap .