DATSIK's 1978 Datto 120y

DATSIK

So it's pritty much been a long term project over about 5 years. I brought it for about 3k and found a shit load of rust (typical) after mushrooms started growing in the carpet in the passenger foot well. We found a massive hole in the left corner firewall along with a lot of other places. I had it all taken care of but since then I have noticed more patches coming up.

Currently we are in need of a wof but having slight issues with the exhast gasket blowing holes every 6 months, so trying to fined a permanant solution. The carbs also need a overhaul since the butterfly sits shut at idle and we have found the float pedestal broken plus they leak :lol: Maybe thinking about hooking her up with efi and a link. Would make a shit load of differance.

The engine currently have the 40dhla dellorto's, a grumpy cam. We think the head may have been shaved but its a oval port a14 gx head. The flywheel also had a weight reduction and electronic ignition. We have a 5sd dog leg in the garage for it too but we have mounting issues :lol:

So yeah thats it for now

Because the hard starting and crap fuel milage adds character and gives the car a more period feel

Thats no excuse! If I wanted period feel I would still have a AM stereo cranking too :lol:

Carbs are cool when they work good but when they are stuffed and have flat spots they are a pain

pro-street-4-cyl-DCOE-tbody-kit-40m.jpg:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Thats what I want! Maybe dad would get me some?? :lol: