South Island Drag Champs 25th

EFI_LC

Well I very nearly never made it as I broke my clutch cable on thursday so made a completely new one from a spare I had. then today I was doing the final tune and check and found yet another valve spring broken. I wasn't able to replace it with the correct one so I am using a very secondhand stock one so will need to watch my revs at it will probably valve bounce over 6k.

If you do venture to the track you will see the fastest n/a 202 powered XU-1 in New Zealand and most likely Australasia.

how did you get on mate?

I was knocked out in the 3rd round by 0.018

I managed a not so impressive 13.8 with full exhaust but I was impressed with my $50 each tires which dropped my 60ft times with a best of 1.90, once I learn to get off the mark with them I reckon I should be consistantly 1.8-1.9. the Kumho V700A circuit tires are pretty good for me :)

A $1 pin fell out of the external reverse rod so I parked it after that.

The n/a 202 XU-1 ran 113mph but suffered off the line and couldn't get it launched with the tall first gear so finished with only a best of 12.9.

Thanks 427carguy I will get hold of Nick about them, he actually commented to me that I don't usually do burnouts, fact is that will be the last time using that diff so I gave it to it ;)

I wish!

I did buy some drag slicks of tardme really cheap. But when they arrived I was like fuck! They are enormous! So they are going to stay in the shed untill I either sell them, or build a car that can take their massive girth in it's holes. :lol:

Sick looking 1200 though!

it's been and gone, but there is a meet on later this month. Yeah, you need a wof and reg, or you need to get a tech inspector to inspect your car. Then you get a log book, and you can race without wof and rego.

Talk to the NZDRA or the NBDRC to find out who a tech inspector near you is.