Sexychevettes 2 wheels thread

Black Francis

he heres some pics of my cycles. Gota few projects lolz

Picked up these two fancy beasts this week. The 197? nc50 needs the rear wheel repaired or replaced. Spent like 2 hours cleaning it today it was unbowlevably dirty lol. Runs pretty good tho

the 1987 fzr250 has a fucked engine. Only 17kms on the clock haha, fresh-ish jap import. Got it for a good price, Bike shop said one cylinder has like 5psi compression. Still rideable tho haha almost makes it to the redline(17000rpm)... I got another engine ta put in it this week :o

IMG_0990-1.jpg

IMG_0991-1.jpg

IMG_0992-1.jpg

IMG_0993-1.jpg

IMG_0995-1.jpg

IMG_0997-1.jpg

IMG_0998-1.jpg

IMG_0999-1.jpg

IMG_1000-1.jpg

lols at trumpet of triumph trident tripple carbs fiting this hontang like a glove

IMG_1003-1.jpg

IMG_1008-2.jpg

this is my old fzr. Sold it a month oir so back. matt blacked it after some kent crashed into it in a flyfishing shop carpark :doubt:

was mean bike. Sold it to buy a couple new twostroke power tools :mrgreen:

96589663_full.jpg

i gota nsr 125 aswell. longterm project haha. ive put new tyres on it and chain plus sprokets. Still gota sort the throttle grip out and do the fork seals then its off for a vin

Mean, any reason why FZR has poos compression?

Would be lol if it was something easy/adjust valve clearances.

yeh ill investigate that. have ta take the bike mostly aprt to check that anyway so it would acualy probably be faster to replace the engine than check all the valves etc lol.

does sound a little bit sick tho. Rot808 thought it sounded like a broken oil ring or something or rather. Does smoke abit of white on start up but not at all when its warm :?

also the exup valve is a bit noisy so its got a few clicnky noises coming out of it at the moment.

might have ago at tinkling with the exup valve and check the valve clearances etc and see if it runs better.

also i think i should check the compression myself. How much does a compression tester cost?

edit: its actualy pretty sweet to ride around town. Idles fine and up to about 8 thou revs it feels ok. Starts putting out after that tho and does sound abit 3 cylinderish at hi revs

so i rang some more fullas and i think spokes are like 70-130 a set depending on if you can get them from honda or custom made and the guy chrages 80 bucks on top of that to rebuild the wheel. So yeh i dont need a full set of spokes but it'll still cost me over a hundred bucks to fix the wheel

Not worth it realy i think i'll just wait for a second hand rim to pop up. Some guy on trademe has one i think just got ta wait for him to make an auction