Water to air intercooler stuff

thegreatestben

I must be missing somthing lol. the whole reason for fitting a bigger than neccesary pump is to increase water velocity to above an optimum rate. there fore lots of energy in(big pump) = lots of enegry out(large water velocity). I agre 40000% on doing shit right, but apart from a small increase in parasitic loss I fail to see how fitting a large water pump is going to hurt this build.

:lol: and to think, I started this thread with a silly comment made in spam

If the pipes wont flow the volume that the pump is trying to push it would be like forcing out a stubborn turd.

lol, all its gonna do is increase the velocity in the pipes.
:doubt:

do you mind explaining the theory behind that?

Next time you piss, clench your ass hole and force it out as hard as you can.

Sure it increases the velocity in the pipe.

But tell us what happens pressure wise!

In other words... Im sure you would rather piss at your own rate (the optimum push to piss flow ratio) rather than water blast the toilet bowl.

Awesome info here guys.

Some mention of adding in things, a temp sender into the system would be a mint idea, there's one in the intercooler but I would probably struggle to find a gauge that matches what it reads.

The factory st205 pump goes pretty well:

So theoretically if I got my hands on a st205 pump, would an increase in piping length (I think it's about 8m-10m) have a major effect on the pumps efficiency and or workload?

And I would actually prefer a large pump operating at low speed, the suby one is annoying loud throughout the car.

I believe in a factory setting the pump is controlled depending on speed or temperature or both.

However I have it wired up to run at a constant 12v and the celica guys reckon changing to a constant 12v increases the systems ability to cool the system.

all that should do is increase the capacity of water in the system, it will affect the backpressure the pump is pushing against if it has to push more water "uphill" but you should be sweet. jsut put the pump up highish in the system and it wont mattert

lol I was pretty pissed when that was posted. It should be low in the system because then it will always be well primed. You shouldnt have a problem wioth the increase in line length. it shouldnt effect back pressure enough for you to worry