DrRubbers 1987 Toyota LiteACE of Spades (ex slonlo/urolaj)

SloNLo

plans

14 inch trident mags -CHECK

dropped 2 or 3 inches, torsion bars wound down in the front and blocks in the back. -CHECK and more

some kind of stripe down the side- will photoshop some options up soon. - stickers instead

a nudge bar for the front. i don't want my legs disappearing if i hit something. -still might

interior cleaned up. -CHECK

and get it running properly. -CHECK

time for a new project

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

started on new image for rear window

img1780.jpg

cling film stencil all cut and ready

img1782h.jpg

mask up a bit and spray

img1785i.jpg

solvent in paint wrinkled cling film and made a mess

img1787c.jpg

cleaned up outline but left some of the runs for Shits and Giggles

will wait a few days then touch up red/add white parts

well eventfull day

the fuel pump gave up the ghost today on the motor way. on the way to job interview.

so its gonna sit there over night and think about what its done.

will chuck a ectric pump in tomorrow and drive or hook up gravity feed to get it home at least

89881841.jpg

grabbed a pair of 18x7.5 +40 with good tires for dirt cheap. tried one on the back and it doesn't hit anything

might run them on the back for no good reason for a while

oh and van is still on the jack in that pic- the guard gap isnt that bad

• 4 months later...

Well I'm sorry to raise a thread from the dead but fuck it aye ......

I aquired the van off Uroji (or however he spells his username) who scored it off the author of this thread.

Had the weird starting problem which was outlined in this thread.....turns out that upon dismantleing the starter it was utterly fried.....not just the brushes but also the thing in the middle of them.

meh, $20 + postage later (2nd hand starter) and the van starts like a 2008 hiace.

So anyway I wanted the van cause vans are cool, and there is always something you can do with them....So I have started to attack the interior, the roof lining whilst trippy as shit didnt stick well to the OG hood lining and i even tried industrial spray on (from a gun) contact adheisive to no avail......so thats now out and the old lining is coming out too....will be black carpet....The checkers however will pop up somewhere in the van for nostalga purposes.

So my mate fits out boats and shit for a living and carpet is a plenty so we have started hitting into it......Replacing all the old shitboard panels in the rear with new hardboard and carpeting them grey and the rest of the interior will be black....floor/walls/roof.....I also picked up a couple of old stock recliners from a mate of mine that imports seats etc in black that were missing a headrest....cost me a bottle of chardonay (spelling ? ) The pics wont show you the new headrests but I have modified some honda headrests to fit them so they have a matching pair. (pulled the covers off and moved the poles in 5mm either side)

Exterior is still the same for now but as I work for a company that imports wheels and tyres I think the tridents are off to the smelter pretty soon.

Anyway heres pics of the carpet etc sofar...oh yea also thought a tool box is essential in a van so I carpeted one i had which will be fixed in there as well :D...that last pic the seats are just sitting there but am making up mounts for them so they are around 100 high and they will remain rear facing as I cant legally put them side facing and I want to retain the vans ability to carry shit.

Oh and the sub boxes are to be carpeted to go with the theme obviously and mounted properly...the amp as you will notice will be secret squirrel behind what will soon be paneled over.

Behind the rear seats is also getting a large carpeted board to tidy it all up.......

dsc09556u.jpg

DSCF0001Medium-1.jpg

cutvanpicMedium.jpg