1800 Crossflow

Sorensin

Would it hold together long? How close to the water jacket?

That block wouldn't even take the 85mm bore, the liners are about 85mm external diameter, its prepped for Formula ford where they can't go more than 0.010" over (I think its 0.010").

If done right with a good block you should have no problems but good luck finding a block that will take that bore (Fords quality control wasn't too flash back then and you will find some blocks with off center bores and all sorts of prob's -took a long time to find a decent block for my old 83.5mm bore)

The best way to do it is to have a block lined specifically to take the 85mm bore then stroke it with the steel crank etc.

The best way to do it is to have a block lined specifically to take the 85mm bore then stroke it with the steel crank etc.

Been there, done that, spent the $6k on the bare block and it still pegged out due to insufficient support behind the flowcast wetliners (sleeves) but that was on a pre-crossflow which are a bit thinner

Personally I won't be going past 84mm and my new motor is 83mm (if it ever gets finished)

You need an AX block to even attempt to go that big. There's a few left in South Africa apparently, but they're pretty expensive.

With a stock crank you can do it with liners, I think Slipsitting had at least one block with an 85mm bore.

It can be also be done with a 711 block using Datsun crank etc but with the machining involved its not a cheap build.