Rubber engine mounts

sry_not4sale

Hi all,

I'm doing an engine conversion, and on the subframe side (black one below) the rubber mounts are too low and too far apart. I tried using the brown/dirty subframe, but they are too high and too far back... :rolleyes:

3167677254_293589c737.jpg

Now, I did some measuring and if I take the round rubber mounts off, and replace them with something 80-100mm tall the engine should sit in the right place.

My questions are:

- would this be safe? Or would there be too much flex and very likely break?

- anyone know of a car with 80-100mm rubber mounts with a stud at either end

- anyone have a better idea?

Cheers,

Aaron

How large dia are the stalks/mounts? 4-5inch?

Steam pipe with a 3-4mm flat plate welded to top and a hole for the bolt on mount to go through. Weld a nut to the back of the plate before you weld it in so that the mounts can screw in. Pretty easy solution IMO.

I like that too, but I wanna try do something that looks standard and won't require a cert for now.

If I can't do that, then I think steampipe will be the way to go. I would weld it to the engine side mounts however as those subframes are getting rare.

Here is a pic of the engine side mount (sorry, best I have):

3166857529_633192506e.jpg

i would go with the metal spacer idea on the black x member. or cut the mounts off the other one, shorten them. then weld in the correct location. maybe easyer than the spacer option actually. will look factory if your do a nice job too.

i would go with the metal spacer idea on the black x member. or cut the mounts off the other one, shorten them. then weld in the correct location. maybe easyer than the spacer option actually. will look factory if your do a nice job too.

Just a matter of finding someone I can trust to do the welding :lol:

Just a matter of finding someone I can trust to do the welding :lol:

That stuff should be easy to get a nice weld on ... and if it goes wrong there is always another solution its only metal :P

• 2 weeks later...