Gen 1 lancer brakes, diff and engine upgrades

bubblegoose

cheers for that

ive read all the stuff i can find on swapping the motors but my heads not on right this evening and just wondering if somebody could confirm what im thinking.

its a 1979 lancer thats had the 1200cc and 4spd swapped for a 1600 and 5spd (4g32?) looks to have crossmeber swapped not modified as i can see clean paint where the old one was bolted

im wanting to drop a 4g63 dohc in the hole and as far as i can work out i can use my 5spd from the 1600 as the bolt pattern is the same but the motor i have is from a fwd so i would need to get a flywheel from a rwd 4g63, are all rwd the same? and for the clutch i would have to use the pressure plate from the rwd motor but are all the friction plates the same spline pattern and diameter?

i know this has probably all bee covered a million and four times but ive read all my eyes can take and just want to double check it all

gbox will bolt up

will need 6bolt rwd 4g63 flywheel

only difference between the rwd 4g63 flywheel and the 4g32 u have is one has a 5 bolt crank (4g32) and the 4g63 has a 6 bolt crank

you will then need a clutch plate to match the 1600cc gbox as it will have a 20 spline (i think its that, either way its definately less than the 2l gboxes) shaft whereas the 2litre boxes have a 23 spline shaft

im not sure if the 2l and 1600cc pressure plates are the same might be best to compare your new flywheel with your old for bolt holes etc, but i suspect they will be all the same in that regard too as they are identical size

p.s ur guna have to bash the fuck outta your firewall cos i bet uv got even less room than my car

i did mine properly with a hammer :lol:

no problems getting cert, you cant really see it though and i dont know how much yours will need

biggest problem i have now come across is i think in the process of bashing the frweall i cracked my heater core and it has leaked :(

hmm megasquirt looks pretty cheap, are they easy to build and tune?

also anybody had any experience in firewall modification and getting it past cert

as i was tinkin maybe cut the middle out and weld in a new section set back a few inches rather than doing it properly with a hammer :badgrin:

Just cut it our and reweld in a little fold, wil look mint

In regards to megasquirt, have a search on here, there was a good thread about them I think. Or just start a new thread about them I guess! They are apprently quite straightforward but you need a semi-sound knowledge of electronics and tuning. Have a look online bro

ive found a place that sell the kits $140 for the basic kit which is all im guessing i will need as im using carbs

as for the fire wall all i was thinking was pretty much cutting and welding in a recess that sort of looks like a baking tray, being the best way i can describe it

might chop that out see how much room i have behind it this weekend

change of plan going with a megajolt kit, a bit older but im all for keeping it simple which the MJ looks like it should, going to order the kit in the new year,

just having problems with my engine now the guy i brought it off (not paid yet) hasn't replied to my emails for bank details and address and has now requested a refund WTF

if ther is a guy on here called korupt from wellington thats just sold a 4g63 on TM can you send me your address i want the engine

ive got a twitch from not having anything to dismantle for so long :rolleyes: