clutch issues...help

shizzl

found out my clutch problem...

my clutch plate on one side is 23.5mm and the other is 24mm..

the issue seems to be when the pres plate is bolted on its squashing the clutch

plate too much that the release fingers(????) are flat...so when you go to put the clutch in its not doing anything due to having no travel left...

the pres plate is a 3 bolt jobby....falcon-zf...

what the hell do i do now?

the only thing i can think of is to space the pres plate,but its not a good idea...

any suggestions???

when the pres plate is bolted on its squashing the clutch

plate too much that the release fingers(????) are flat...

That sounds correct.
the pres plate is a 3 bolt jobby....falcon-zf...?
Does the pressure plate only have three bolts holding it onto the flywheel?

Do you have the driven plate in the right way around?

You could need to adjust the rod on the slave cylinder (if it is hydraulic) or you might have the wrong release bearing. Explain the symptom if you can (i.e. what happens when you try to drive the car)

1) What is that plate and bolt toward the top of the flywheel? It looks like it is underneath the pressure plate in the photo.

2) What is the issue Shizzle? You have not actually said what is wrong when you go to drive the car. If you are trying to activate the clutch by pushing on the release bearing fork by hand with the motor on the bench you won't have a shit show of making it move.

3) We need Mackas here as he knows stuff about these motors and I only know stuff in general

thats the friction plate part of the pressure plate..

problem is it wont go into gear while its stationary and running,if i turn it off it will go into gear,then start it and it will idle with the clutch in at a stand stall..so its a pressure plate issue...

just need to find out what the plate is actually off as the clutch plate is a bedford unit...

engine is in the car not on a bench..

Boe. There a bit of an oddballed sized spline on those ZFs. Holden will go on but it will be loose and most prolly fuck the spline on the box. You dont want that eh :wink: Landrover is a good fit but Outside Diameter of pressue plate is bigger. Do you know whether its got a pro made or backyardigan made bellhousing on it cos if it aint built properly you'll end up with a shitload of problems.

most stockies graunch into low anyway due to homemade bellhousings been not exactly plumb, mine used to. Is good for intimidation/fuckwit factor :twisted:

had a similar problem with dads xd ute,

was the wrong clutch plate that got jammed in by a previous owner,

basically the clutch couldn't dissengage properly because

1/ the pressure plates fingers had gone soft and wouldn't push the plate free

2/ the clutch was slightly too thick which made no difference when the p'plate fingers pulled the plate free

3/ someone had also lost the other half of the tin cover for the bell housing

and the box wasn't completely square when assembled

solution = fresh clutch and p-plate i believe

or it could just be a leaky clutch master cyclinder/slave cyclinder