Help identify Gearbox and motor

xsspeed

Got heaps of landie and holden parts, trying to figure out which goes with which.

Any idea what this gearbox is off, I had assumed it was the 1978 Holden Premier but maybe not?

DSC03699.jpg

This is the V8 thats sitting there, anyone know if its a GM/Holden or Rover one by looking at that?

DSC03708.jpg

Chur

Got heaps of landie and holden parts, trying to figure out which goes with which.

This is the V8 thats sitting there, anyone know if its a GM/Holden or Rover one by looking at that?

DSC03708.jpg

Chur

it is a bit hard to say fopr certain that this motor is a V anything from the photo. You certain it isn't a slant inline?

It is 100000% not Rover V8

No haven't seen in person for this, just the photo, its all down in palmy, totally assumed v8 because of the slant, but zooming in you may well be right, not definate that there is a left hand vee, zooming right in it looks like another rocker cover but maybe not

I'm thinking early Chev/GM (not rotten Aussie) with the way that filler neck is.

I looked up diesels earlier too, as that picture of Jay's show's.. it's pretty fucken close to that.

And if it is an old Chevy Diesel V8, then fucken BANG! mean. Would love to make a Vege V8 powered something or other.

Yeah asked the missus last night, said she only counted the right hand bank, was too much crap on top of it for her to move.

The more I look at the pic though the more I can make out laft hand bank in there.

Shit if it is a diesel V8 how much is that sucker going to weigh? reckon it would still be sweet in a SWB landie? The weight distribution might be a bit off :lol:

I've been doing some random reading about the Chev diesels as part of trying to find a better pic and while there's a fair amount of bullshit around, it would seem that it's actually on par (or slightly lighter according to some) with the Landie 300TDi engine. So it shouldn't be the boat anchor you'd otherwise assume... and these are common-ish conversions for Landies and Landcruisers, there seems to be a good bit of love for them on t'internet... so if you're rocking one of them and a shortened Rangie chassis... could be one cool Landie you'll have there.