Dan's poeloe

fuel

It sounds remarkably like that one you posted phil, need to sort out some form of stoppage before i post any moving clips of it. Then i need to sort out the suspension.

The goal is to have it running and ready to thrash around taupo in march. It needs to have the headgasket done, new water pump and the suspension sorting and it'll be there i think.

Massey fergusson STZ: http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=LCyuI0qBR7c

cheers, Dan

Still waiting on brake bits, buying them sight unseen, so hopefully they are all good and don't need a rebuild.

Took it out for a little squirt earlier, is running way rich on part throttle, but full throttle seems pretty reasonable, good thing i didn't drill out the mains as i was told i would need to. Still need to sort a choke cable for cold starts, but other than that it starts pretty much first go.

Might strip the rear end tomorrow and check out the rear brakes, suspect there will be some evil in there..

Cheers, Dan

No, i'm trying to sort some vented 239's with VWii calipers, was going to do the 256, but i want to be able to roll on 13's, and the 256's won't fit under them. I'll throw some decent fast road pads at them and i'm sure they'll be fine.

Sorted the choke tonight, managed to adapt a triumph 2500 jobbie to it, looks like it was meant to be there. Now i can at least get the idle mixture right. Still need brakes though, and am on the lookout for a pair of AE92 front inserts, they are dimensionally similar to the polo inserts (which are only available ex UK $$) but about 60mm shorter, which is pretty much exactly how far i want the front to come down, that will give me 115mm to the gearbox x member.

cheers, Dan

• 3 months later...

gutted about the clutch man.. there's still a week to go to sort it out! that is if you're still going to make it to trackday? have told dave to come watch or even bring his car if we are still short of numbers... but dunno if that's going to happen being the frugal prick that he is!

LOL, got a clutch for it, off the shelf beleive it or not, just gotta sell some more bits so i can afford to come along.

Looks like i'll be towing it up to, radiator is not the happpiest of campers, might be an issue on a long drive.

Cheers, Dan

^ yah golf. Mean picture I reckon. Lego technix etc

Years ago, while looking at pages about the berg cup I found a page in particular that said the VW Polo engine was originally based around an old inline 4 cylinder honda motorcycle engine. For this reason, they said it is possibly to bolt the honda bike engine head onto the polo - 10,000rpm and heaps of horse powers does ensue.

Is that all shit, do you know?

you never really realise how many parts there are to a car until you spread it out like that. I bet that's not even all the parts either, what about the wiring loom and ECU, imagine all the components all spread out in that alone!

I really like the way they have hung the hoodlining.

The photo reminds me of that crazy Honda video where the windscreen wipers crawl across the floor. I admire creative people very much. Personally I have never had an inspired thought except for when drunk.

^ I don't remember where I found it but it wasn't long agao. It made me think of Brad (don't know why) so I saved it and only remembered it now.

I will see if a higher res one is floating around.

EDIT: Biggest I could find is 112k - search *disassembled car*

Post 84 spam on

might be an issue on a long drive.

might be far more of an issue on the track or is it not going on the track now?

Oh it's going on the track, will bring some eggs in case i need to do a quick fix.....

Gonna see if i can find a golf radiator cheaply before i go, take it as a spare etc.

^ yah golf. Mean picture I reckon. Lego technix etc

Years ago, while looking at pages about the berg cup I found a page in particular that said the VW Polo engine was originally based around an old inline 4 cylinder honda motorcycle engine. For this reason, they said it is possibly to bolt the honda bike engine head onto the polo - 10,000rpm and heaps of horse powers does ensue.

Is that all shit, do you know?

Haven't heard that one, but the group H berg cup vws pull 10krpm on factory heads, I think the trick is to spend heaps and heaps of money....funny that...

Supposedly the solid lifter head i have is good for close to those sort of revs with double valve springs and fairly major headwork.

Cheers, Dan