Spark plug WAS being a C*nt, now there is smoke action

mixmasterlex

Pulled the plugs out of the 3t-gte, cleaned them all then got to the last plug. came out no problems, but trying to get it back in, it does about a full turn then is really hard to screw in, I don't want to force it as im scared ill thread something. Anyone got any tips for getting plugs in easy? Or is it possible I have threaded the spark plug cylinder? thingy... or?

Cowboy way -

get an old spark plug

cut some diagonal cuts 45 degrees(ish) across the thread with a hacksaw (about 2mm deep)

coat the spark plug in grease - getting some into the grooves you cut

wind the plug in gently - making sure it is going in super straight

wind in 1 turn back off half turn - wind in one turn back off half a turn etc until you are about 4 turns in

remove plug and clean off swarf - recoat in grease and carry on

etc etc

tis a workzor -

if it an old snotter motor I wouldnt be overly freaking out about shit falling in the combustion chamber - combustion heat should melt and spit that shit out real fast.

If you too scared to do this - get an engine reconditoner to bring round his tools and get him to do it - he would most probably have a proper tap and experience etc

so went home and put a bit of oil on the thread and managed to get it in. Was harder to get in than the rest but seemed to go in ok....

Now the car is blowing a fair bit of blue, it shouldn't take long for it to burn off any oil that might have dripped into the head...

Sort of blue under boost, blue when revs held highish, and more white smoke when you come off the gas after some boost.. Does that sound like it could be the H/G?

Not sucking brake fluid in anywhere??? Or pressurising radiator? Or excessively fumey?

Brake fluid? Don't think so..

Pressurising radiator? Maybe... How should I check? Its no using any coolant or anything..

Fumes... Yes... I like my 80's turbo cars running rich mother fucker! But for real.. im not sure. It smells, but im guessing thats the smell of delicious blue smoke.

Not sucking brake fluid in anywhere???

Yeah it sounds silly but,

Fluid can bypass the brake booster if its faulty while under vaccuum (ie lifting off) and brake fluid produces white smoke.

Sounds like effed rings to me honestly if its fumey as, ie allowing compression into the sump which pushes oil up the bores past the rings creating your wonderful blue haze....

you possibly jumping to conclusions - the white smoke could be condensation -

If you are loosing water or the cooling system has mega pressure I would start to worry about blown head gasket - the only true way to check for a blown headgasket is a compression test/cylinder leakage test - a fairly safe and easy way is with a TK head check most garages will have a TK check - as long as the fluid has not gone off it should be pretty accurate.