Churs 79 Lancer build

chur

• 2 months later...

Thanks.

Hahaha yeh me too lol. will just have to see when she is on da road.

Yeh man ill keep you post as the build goes on.

Just getting the body ready for paint but im not to sure on weather to go for a matte or gloss finish. Matte body probably match the gloss engine bay. I duno can any one help me out?

hey look like im not alone on this venture then

if you plan on doing the starion brake up grade its a fair bit more work than i i thought it was

you have 2 options

the starion springs are too wide for the lancer strut towers so.....

1. (the way im doing it) the lancer struts need to be ''un-welded'' from the hubs (i cut through the hub just above the weld)

then the starion struts need to be cut of at the top of the hub and a spacer made to shim the difference out, then weld the lancer strut into the starion hub

im getting a certified welder to do the welding just incase i come into any doubts from the cert guy

you can then use the lancer springs and its all hokey pokey

2.(the easy way but im an awkward cunt)

convert the starion struts to the generic coil over kits

wow wasn't that one hard

i had already payed for the lancer springs when i started the conversion so No.1 was cheaper for me

either way just bolt the ball joint from the lower arm into the bottom of the starion hub and your away

Note: the starion hub has a longer steering arm bracket thing im not sure how this affects the car yet i haven't got that far

hey look like im not alone on this venture then

if you plan on doing the starion brake up grade its a fair bit more work than i i thought it was

you have 2 options

the starion springs are too wide for the lancer strut towers so.....

1. (the way im doing it) the lancer struts need to be ''un-welded'' from the hubs (i cut through the hub just above the weld)

then the starion struts need to be cut of at the top of the hub and a spacer made to shim the difference out, then weld the lancer strut into the starion hub

im getting a certified welder to do the welding just incase i come into any doubts from the cert guy

you can then use the lancer springs and its all hokey pokey

2.(the easy way but im an awkward cunt)

convert the starion struts to the generic coil over kits

wow wasn't that one hard

i had already payed for the lancer springs when i started the conversion so No.1 was cheaper for me

either way just bolt the ball joint from the lower arm into the bottom of the starion hub and your away

Note: the starion hub has a longer steering arm bracket thing im not sure how this affects the car yet i haven't got that far

Cheers for that man. Didnt think id see another lancer around like mine lol. I was gona try put some vr4 brakes on my lancer. Mite look at the starion conversion tho alot of people some to do it on there ex lancers. You wouldnt happen to have any spare parts you would sell? i really need a rear bumper and bonnet

• 2 years later...

im runing complete sigma station wagon front struts, aparently rx7 4pots and disk's will go on with an adapter plate.....

but atm i have

Sigma wagon lower arms

Standard Lancer tie rod ends/steering arms

Sigma Struts with the lancer top hats....

seems to work fine!

have also ground the steering stop blocks off the cast steering arm on the hub, mean drift lock but think im going to have to go back to some unground ones, will get a pick tomorrow...