please help....car loosing power...fuel filter??

Beaver

hey all.

my cars been running all good but recently it random has like no power at all. it happens when like sitting at the lights, and then i got to accelerate, and ill out my foot flat on the floor, but the engine will like only rev very very slowly and the revs dont grow. but then if a like pump it i few times in suddenly goes vrroooom!!! and pops and burbles a bit lol. it does in in gear and out of gear. i was thinking it could be the fuel filter? my mates diesel truck did it once and it was the fuel filter.

so yeh, can anyone put more wisdom to my geuss?

thanks

could be anything with those ae.

my 1st car was a 69 hunter,ran like crap quite often,found it kept burning out

plugs,but the mixture was fine,put hot plugs in it,went good for a day or 2 then starting

farting round,new ignition sets,timing,different carby,fuel filter etc etc..

ended up putting in a sparkplug set from a mitsy mirage(no idea what they were),werent meant for the hunter at all..chucked in some avgas...went like hell,the next day i spun it up into a ditch..

oops :?

so yeah,just go over everything like the gaps on ya plugs,points,cap and rotor condition,

check the carby , diaphram may have a hole in it,fuel filter..

if you plan on keeping it for a while put a new filter in it anyway.

lol yeh i know what they do. well i stripped the carb and gave everything a good going over, then put it back together, and it started mint, but then when you pushed the accelerator......nothing....not a thing....lol. SO, i stripped it again, put it back together again....and....it started mint, and went mint lol. driven it to ashburton and it didnt have any problems so hopefully that fixed it. on a side note, lol the clutch stopped working lol but thats all fixed now. turns out there was no fluid in the fluid thinging :oops: my bad lol. im working now for a week, and my pays guna hopefully get it lowered, and paint the wheels :D