di0n's GX61 Mark II Grande

di0n

Lowered it yesterday on cut hiace coils in the rear and cut corolla springs in the front. Front aren't captive so I'm going to have to get some shorter shocks. Got to trim the rear bumpstops too but theyre huge so i should be able to cut them in half. Sits real nice all round. Pics up tonight. I spaced standar rear wheels and they actually look half decent...

Just a warning with the flipped reyums... yes they do look yuck from behind... but you will also find that one of the lips is designed to make it easier to get the tyre on when fitting. flippin ya reyums can cause issues with tyres randomly departing the rim. i ant be fuct explaining it becuase to be honest... unemployment has made me lazy. but yea. just be careful.

also

put a rotor in it

and use ae92 fronts or MR2 inserts for short shockness, and KE70 Station wagon rear shocks in back

Cheers for the tips guys. Don't know if I'll end up running those because I'll need a really little tyre to fit it in the gaurds which will make the car practically undriveable. Cant get over speed bumps as it is. Mite just refurbish the standard ones. Not sure yet aye...

Im thinking of replacing the 1geu with a 1gge. Is it a worthwhile and simple conversion? The 1geu is fairly thirsty, are the 1gge's better? Also would it all bolt in and plug in to my wiring or would I need to custom alot of stuff? I would stay auto as it's just a cruiser and I cant afford to go manual...

• 3 years later...