help in chch

Brock-Lee

I am fucking sick of not having a car that runs. If one of you chch boes would rock around to myplace and give me a hand to get my fucking l20b running properly then I will supply you with liberal amounts of alcohol(where liberal=a cuply boxes of your choice). cheers.

Dave

0273452400 although I probly wont text back as I have no money.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

replaced leads plugs and cap is getting changed tomorrow. although im 99% sure it isnt the cap.(its only 17bucks for a cap so it cant hurt to chuck one on). a fuel hose to the carby was fucked (some dipshit replaced it with non fuel specific hose). so im guessing the carby got a mouthfull of shit. I cleaned out all the jets(which were blocked) but need an air compressor to blow out passages etc. my next step will be to whip the carby off and take it down to a carby guy and get him to clean it out. I will check and if its out reset the timing tomorrow so I will post up the results tomorrow night.

from where. AFAIK im the only guy wit l20b in chch on here and unless your car is off the road its not that conveniant to whip ya carby off for someone to borrow. It shouldnt cost me fuck all to get the carb blown out should it? ahh well. I will check the timing and replace the cap tomorrow and then it has to be carb.

if it's just spitting back, then it normally means it has a lean spot, so either a vacuum leak, or fuel delivery fault (dirty carb).

chhh i agree, that fuel hose that perished may have dislodged some shit in the carb.

also check the booster vac line thingy, and anything else coming off the manifold.