Flawles' Widebody kp toyota starlet race car

Snoozin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

make them! its a race car you can just p clip them to the floor dont even have to follow the existing ones if its to bendy

have considered this and opted for a NO

turret and 4link etc is all good and fine but when you have a low budget and are really wanting to stick to it first time its all stuff that i just dont need........................at this stage

always room for improvement later on down the track but for now all i want to do is get it running

WDE_BDY if you could bring them up at somestage that would be sweet.........you wouldnt happen to have any ae86 rear calipers or know what else is the same? would you?

turreting the rear is actually real easy. i was surprised how well mine went. i just used some 4" exhaust tube. drilled the top out of the standard towers with a 100mm holesaw. lined it all up and welded. only tricky bit was the tophat part. only because i made up my own spherical bearing setup, so had to do a bit of machining. although you could just use something off the shelf or a standard tophat off something.

depends how far you want to go really i guess. in my first comment, was more meaning get some decent shocks and springs to start with, even if you dont turret the rear.

the usual short stroke kybs probably wont be good enough to handle the spring rates you'l want to run at the track. saves buying shit twice.

as for the stock rear binding up. if you release the tension on the bushes. it doesnt bind at all. just need to loosen and retighten the link bolts when the car is on the ground, at its new lowness. but yeh in saying that, i'd love to change mine from the trangulated setup, to a proper 4 link setup with watts or panhard.

...depends how far you want to go really i guess. in my first comment, was more meaning get some decent shocks and springs to start with, even if you dont turret the rear.

the usual short stroke kybs probably wont be good enough to handle the spring rates you'l want to run at the track. saves buying shit twice.

What rear spring rate are you looking at? I've got 250lbs going into the front, and was thinking 175ish for the rears... that way it should really squat down in the arse and grip. Should easily be able to find an off the shelf shock with suitable valving I reckon.

at the moment im running 275lb in the front, and 250lb in the rear. i wouldnt go too soft in the rear if your going low. else you'l run into issues with it boucing off the bump stops. i had that problem up intill i put the 250lb springs in the rear. before that i was running a progressive rate spring (think it was rated at 200lb) that was out of my other car. didnt quite feel right and would do as above. going to the 250lb springs it didnt seem to loose any traction. harder rear springs will compensate for the lack of rear sway bar also. so with a rear swaybar. possibly go a little softer.

would go 200lb at least with 250lb fronts.