toyota r motors

sentra

18R, 3R, 5R, 6R, 22R,

i know nothing about these motors besides im pretty sure they house the size of pistons i want for a rover v8 with a leyland crankshaft according to an acl catalouge based on comp height diameter and pin diameter, (have to machine skirts a bit) and a crude drawing of combustion face,

are they common? anybody know of one laying around id like to have a look at the combustion face

etc before i go order 2 sets and change my mind :)

i dont actually know what the crank is but it has the same stroke as the leyland,

at any rate the motor has been happily(?) run hard for some years just it needs an overbore

and its got some odball pistons in it to suit the factory rods (with big half moons machined out of them to clear the crank)

so i was looking for something else to replace with,

all those r motors according to the cattledog had bores 88 to 92, im aiming for 90 so was hoping the oversize of the smaller ones would put me in about the right place.

i was wondering why you were so knowledgeable about crusty rv8s, but it just occoured to me i read about you owning a range rover and hating it :D

ill have a look i kinda wrote off those sort of people assuming theyd be expensive

cheers youjay

Mt Lil Brother has a fire breathing P6B. I know more through him really. His has a Discovery block, Edlebrock carb, all manner of speedy bits and it is a delight to drive. I have 'tested' it at the Taupo track once and it was choice.

Mt Lil Brother has a fire breathing P6B. I know more through him really. His has a Discovery block, Edlebrock carb, all manner of speedy bits and it is a delight to drive. I have 'tested' it at the Taupo track once and it was choice.

That's not the orange beast I was watching being very nicely drifted around Taupo on the TV last weekend?