carb turbo setup

dylan

cant see why it wouldnt work with falcon etc. but for simple as install id just use a full starion loom and sensors and ecu. starion turbo etc. / sigma / 2l turbo ex lancer. get fuels old setup when he goes twincam.

yea i was thinkling that but that would restict what you could do with it. do they run a hego or such? smarter to go megasquirt but then again its all about the money time and effort.

im assuming if you run a webber 32/36 you could adjust it like primary for idle etc and use bigger jets on the secondary?

In theory that's what you would think but a turbo engine still makes boost at low throttle possitions so the primary needs to be able to keep up. A blow through carbi turbo will be a bit rich off boost I found with mine that it liked to foul the plugs on long open road trips with a lot of cruising. That could be stopped by boosting for a bit every few kms though.

mm i see you could just rev the shit out of it like a boyracer rofl. i geuss thats the price you have to pay though, if its not for a daily a few niggles shouldnt be to much drama so i reckon go read a few books on carbs then a few on turbos. but the norm seems to be a 32/36 or an SU if you look hard enough you might be able to find a turbo metro/montegro carb etc

I've built a suck through setup then went to EFI, but I've never liked carbs.

The down side of a suck through is you shouldn't run an intercooler as fuel will pool in it and it will blow up if it back fires. So it really limits performance.

Suck through is easier to tune becasue as far as the carb is concerned it's just feeding a bigger capacity engine, you don't get the part throttle issues like Burntrubber pointed out.

The problem is that an EFI ECU is expensive.

Some pics and shit here http://www.retrotech.co.nz/Projects/nismocapri.php

A blow through carb setup is only good for low boost. Suck through is good for 15 pounds.

How so? Can happily run 15psi through mine without any issues in a blow through setup without a box or anything. The first thing to give way seems to be the K50 lol

Go for the carb mate, something a little bit different. Get it setup right and it'll still be nice to drive, not too bad on gas etc