Tyre questions

solidstripe

Question 1:

Ok first off, anyone know where I can pick up some whitewall flappers or can get em painted with that special rubberised tyre paint?

Question No. 2:

I have stainless hubcaps that I want to put back on but a hella scared of them blowing off ( :lol: ), and my rims have only four, well spaced slots meaning I'd need huge cable ties that would just look super ugly as they'd have to stretch for ages. Know any other tricks/ideas of keeping them on? (apart from bending the latches?)

Question No. 2:

I have stainless hubcaps that I want to put back on but a hella scared of them blowing off ( :lol: ), and my rims have only four, well spaced slots meaning I'd need huge cable ties that would just look super ugly as they'd have to stretch for ages. Know any other tricks/ideas of keeping them on? (apart from bending the latches?)

Magnets?

Hmmm, magnets are commonly used? Dunno if this is the sort of thing you'd want to be experimenting with :D, either don't run them unless you're parked up at shows, etc, or cable ties haha. Just don't lose them, it's a bitch trying to find more.

Question No. 2:

Magnets?

Wouldn't magnets throw the wheel balance off?

Just sticking hubcaps on throws the balance off ever so slightly, cause they werent on the rim when balanced. But fuck it, just silicon the cunts on. You dont nedd to take them off for flat tyres or anything....O wait this for that sweet Gloria right? Skip the Rangi way I suggested and go see what the local tyre places can offer :D

Just sticking hubcaps on throws the balance off ever so slightly, cause they werent on the rim when balanced. But fuck it, just silicon the cunts on. You dont nedd to take them off for flat tyres or anything....O wait this for that sweet Gloria right? Skip the Rangi way I suggested and go see what the local tyre places can offer :D

Good call!

Also search for a place called "Vintage and Veteran" I think, its in Auckland and although Magoo is a GC, he is still a little on the expensive side.

Trick with coat hanger, please try explain anyways :) could be a similar technique used to hold in the foam in the "flower pot" on the drag car.

Also search for a place called "Vintage and Veteran" I think, its in Auckland and although Magoo is a GC, he is still a little on the expensive side.

Trick with coat hanger, please try explain anyways :) could be a similar technique used to hold in the foam in the "flower pot" on the drag car.

Magoo's a little on the expensive side?! He's a blimmen rip unless your some old rodder who's made your millions and money's no object!

Had second thoughts and coathanger trick will probebly work with cable ties. Just go over one notch in the hub cap instead of the lenth of between the slot's on the rims if you know what I mean.

Twas goin to loop them over one of the notch's on the cap, then down between the slot's on the rims, and tie/twist em together on the back. So they could be easily untwisted if need be, but cable ties FTW, just cut them.

either that or you could paint your contact details on the inside of your hubcap and say a reward will be given for the return of the cap..

then punch them in the mooth when they bring them back..

Unless its me turning up saying I found all 4 on the side of the road.. And I want ma monee!!

Magoo's a little on the expensive side?! He's a blimmen rip unless your some old rodder who's made your millions and money's no object!

ha ha he's not that bad. cheaper to bring shit in yourself but if you CBF

Helps to be "family" friends too I spose. By family I mean HotRodding family.

either that or you could paint your contact details on the inside of your hubcap and say a reward will be given for the return of the cap..

then punch them in the mooth when they bring them back..

Unless its me turning up saying I found all 4 on the side of the road.. And I want ma monee!!

Allready done that. Got them on the other day, 1/2 metre cable ties round the wheel slots, then little clear ones from them to the hub cap = minimal plastic over wheels + see thru FTW.