trans tunnel mods

shizzl

• 2 months later...

^^ That looks like a pricey peice of kit that you dont need. Just make one yourself.

Also re tunnel, dont bother getting anything bent up or anyhting now. Fit gbox and cut out everywhere it fouls. Make sure it has at least 2 finger gaps all way round..

Put gbox on engine and jack under tailshaft, also have driveshaft in and conected to diff. Then jack box up as far as you can untill it fouls.. Find where it fouls and repeat.. Keep doing this untill you get the driveshaft level or as close to as you want.. (remember it will change when you lower your car. Then you start making new part to go back over holes. Chances are you will just need a patch or two rather than a full tunnel cut.

was just gonna buy the steel for it cos i live in fox glacier,thats 2.5hr from greymouth and 5.5hr from chch,no steel shop here...

that cable-hyd thingy i can make myself..

thats if i can get a new slave for the box..

i dont have a driveshaft for it yet,ill need to locate a yoke..

was alos thinking of putting in a hilux diff as the early ones bolt straight in apparently..

if im gonna start cutting it up for the 10a and box to fit i might aswell go all out on everything else aswell ae.

just gotta find a way to get the front hubs to 5 stud without being too damn expensive..

meh 10a is ftw for different factor hence why i wanna keep 1600 in my mk1. and just go get a clutch m/c and cut approprite size holes and mount it. all u gotta work out is how much travel u need for a 95% m/c stroke. then find the point along the clutch pedal that moves this much when u push the clutch in. next u make a bracket that can pivot to fit ur m/c pushrod to and hey presto eski hydraulic clutch just did one on my mk2. use a ae86 m/c just coz toyota shit is ftw and because they have a thread on the pushrod that allows for adjustment.