not getting spark

d.p.n.s

Do you have NO spark or just weak spark. Check at night time as if you just have VERY weak spark id say it is.... starter wired wrong

Extra terminal on back of starter motor (aucillary contact).. Is there to get extra voltage to coil when cranking.

As above ya should have a ballest coil and resitor also.

yes ive got power to the + on the coil

the coil itself is one that came with the motor so im hoping its 12 volt

Have you got a multi meter to check what voltage?

And is the ballast wired up?

no i dont mate and jog my memory whats the ballast?

It lowers the voltage going to the coil to 9v (i think its 9v), the extra wire on the starter is so the coil sees 12v when cranking to boost the spark on start up.

I'd try disconnecting the + wire from the coil and running a 12v feed straight from the battery. if it starts up like that i'd rewire the coil

It lowers the voltage going to the coil to 9v (i think its 9v), the extra wire on the starter is so the coil sees 12v when cranking to boost the spark on start up.

I'd try disconnecting the + wire from the coil and running a 12v feed straight from the battery. if it starts up like that i'd rewire the coil

still nothing man

Ok, could be dead coil or could be something up with the dizzy, what are your points like?

they look new its got new plugs aswell

the only thing is mate i dont know if the timing is right or even iv the leads are around the right way for all i know the guy could have just struk them eny old way.

the only thing is mate i dont know if the timing is right or even iv the leads are around the right way for all i know the guy could have just struk them eny old way.
Would still have spark at the plugs, have you got another coil to try?

Would still have spark at the plugs, have you got another coil to try?

ive got another 2 coils not new but i tryed them and still no spark .....

so it has to be the dizzy right?...

Yeah to me its got to be dizzy now, you have checked that the points are opening and closing all good aye?

No brakes in the wire from the points to the coil -?

ill leave it for now mate had enoght for 1 day..

ill go and get a new coil and points 2morow just to make ure and then just go from there.

thanks mate ....

ill probly be on here 2morow.

cheers again

dan