R30 handling improvments

mixmasterlex

What sort of budget?

Just say no to Monroes.

KYB's are sweet dunno if the damper adjustable ones are available for your application, better still if you can afford it get specially valved Bilsteins or roll a set of Koni yellows.

Oh and given the Lego nature that Nissans seem to have, it could well be worth checking out suspension options from newer models, like S13's (which seem to fit anything if you believe some people :? )

skyline gtst or s13 silvia stuff goes straight in the back just need 2 change top hat

i've heard bluebird springs go in the front but not sure what model

i think u need s13 hubs in the front to fit s13 front shocks

oh and an r31 front swaybab fits i think which is a bit thicker and stronger, or just get whiteline swaybars ;)

Nice. Cherboes foh the advise so far.

So GTSt shit goes in the back, when you say change the tophats, you mean use the exsisting ones? That could be good if I want to run adjustables... Is there any difference between difs? Would a gtst diff (LSD) bolt into my r30 diff? Its running the non turbo rearend (non disk) but has a turbo diff in it already.

Cool will stay away from Munhoz. KYB seem all good from experience.

Budget = as I can afford to do things, will put aside for this car over each week, but some = going on getting my cyborg on the road, and some on the mortgage.... YAYAA.

Man sounds easy as... BUT IS IT?!?

Diggin that r30 in your sig... was trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Like the black bumpers on white.

Was thinking about satin black, but will probably look to bogan, and I hate bogan. But white is harder to make look tidy... Meh, will just use spray gun.

RAMBLE.

Go with the classic Dr30/Hr30 red over black.. Looks old school and menacing. 8)

Correct, the best way for suspension upgrades is to get some white line sway bars, front and rear, Fit s13 lower hubs on the front and s13/14 height adjustable coil overs. Don't go stupid with the spring rates, keep them around 4k. The chassis of the r30 is quite flexible. Try and keep the front controll arms level when on the brakes. You will find it will also turn better if the chassie rails are level. Don't go and try for the visual look for dumped to the floor, This will upset the whole chassis under brakes and upset her a lot. Keeping the chassie rails level will be your best improvement

This means a lot of height adjustments, Any lower and you will get excessive bump steer, (caused when the steering rack is at the wrong angles)

Rears are simple. You can use the normal height adjustable rears you get out of s13's or s14's,r32s ect. keep with those series and the heights are different with later model skylines. When it comes to the top hats. You can use the normal tops off the adjustable's, You will need to drill one hole to suit the two bolt pattern.

After doing that, You will need to upgrade your brakes, Since i presume your going with the s13 fronts, then you can put some r32/r33/r34 front calipers and rotors to suit. (easy as) Then its a matter of tunning, + its best to find some strut bars front/rear and a floor and roof brace, After that you will find she will turn fantastic!.