K-trips 1974 Austin 1300

KKtrips

After 9 months of procrastinating I finally got round to repairing the motor and gearbox then reinstalling it. Got it back in and fully reassembled last night and fired it up with the help of many, those you know are Pies, Seedy Al, Steelies and others you may not know so well... Ran it tried to go in gear - dargh still no go - speedo works but no drive - found also RH side CV joint is broken - found a second hand one, it is on its way to me and I will install it next week and try again...

In the meantimes - some pics - doesnt look much different except its clean, has wheels on it and has a motor in the hole..

p1300221uh2.jpg

p1300210bc2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Fired up the real one today and pumped up the flat tyre..

took a bit to get it running for 15 seconds and then it promptly dropped down to 1 and a half cylinders - suspect it needs fresh fuel, quick tickle of the points and clean of the plugs..

Will try these items tomorrow and then take it to pinkys for what I would like to think is a quick clean up, derust in the doors, bonnet and floor.. and then get a WOF..

No pics for update..

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to get round to getting Steve running again since the end of March..

Finally today I did.. Got him running - spent 2 hours dicking around with all kinds of things and on what I said was going to be my last try before giving up he roared into life- little bastard was just fucking with me I'm sure.

Took him for a quiet roll down the road and checked brakes and so on.. seemed all good, curiosity got the better of me and I took him for a bit of a hoon - hasn't had WOF or reg since 2009 but fuck it I wasn't going far, or so I thought, carried on a bit further to the servo to chuck some air in the tyres and some gas in the tank.. Went for a burn for an hour or so.. feelsgoodman... Saw a cop which killed my joy so expressed my shit home before he turned around..

Chucked some water on his black skin, soaped him up and washed him down... Took some pics too.

I think next weekend will be a trip to Pinkys where some serious rust work will need to be started... Winter project in time for 2010/11 Summer??

Famous last words..

Anyhow.. for your eyes..

p5290843.jpg

p5290851.jpg

p5290840.jpg

p5290839.jpg

p5290838.jpg

• 1 year later...

It's a sad day - I finally got around to getting motivated enough to take all the rust out. Alas poor Yorick - it was too late.

20121227143420.jpg

20121227143145.jpg

20121227143250.jpg

20121227143331.jpg

Those holes are in the front inner guards and are fist sized - through 2 skins...

Steve's dead man - dead...

in before threadlock... :-(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll have to repost this after the forum rollback but this is officially over...

Farewell good friend - you served me well - your other friend was a bit of a short loved affair and he turned out to be a jerk..

Love from KK xoxo

20130426130848.jpg

20130426130959.jpg

20130426131737.jpg

• Like 1