Side out pipes.

treggo

So, After talking to Pete and Cam in spam, I have decided that a side exit exhaust is the direction I want to go in exhaust wise.

Now I know there are probably some legal issues surrounding this so if any of you guys know the proper legalities surrounding this could you fill us in?

Cheers, Matt.

Plz dnt spam cam/

I want to put the butterfly setup thing in my exhaust system so i can push a button and it releases the shiz before the muffler so you can make it rowdy/quiet, can you buy them in NZ and is it possible to cert them or just jam them in after the cert?

Maaatttte the vtaxes would be wishing they had a V8/i doubt it. If i did go for that thing i would have a real quiet exhaust systam then if you want some noise just open it a little. And now that i see side outs are pretty legal, keen to rock them hard.

I want to put the butterfly setup thing in my exhaust system so i can push a button and it releases the shiz before the muffler so you can make it rowdy/quiet, can you buy them in NZ and is it possible to cert them or just jam them in after the cert?

Valve setup 100% illegal.

Just run caps on headers with normal exhaust feeding offf side of header before cap. Also 100% illegal but more likely to pass a WoF.

Then washers behind caps when you want it to rumble.

Callum

Sorry what sort of system are you meaning? Like an unbolt-able sort of way? I saw this stz and thought it looked cool

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

recently looked into it for my capri.. yes it's 300mm to the door, so you can get away with it.

however, don't know about yours but mine is too low to get away with it. The pipe would be so low to the ground I would risk it catching if I got some sideways action and ripping the whole exhaust off.

Something to think about eh. I'm gonna dump them out behind teh back wheels.

most hot rods have decloration papers

if your car has declorstion papers saying you can run open pies...then thats it you get to run open pipes

man i wish i lived in the 70's :D potential for so much good times