Buying Tyres

V8Pete

After some new tyres for the parts hauler, but every shop sells a different bloody brand just to confuse me. Can anyone put this list in order of best to worst, or recommend something else worth considering in the 'bit over $100' region?

185/65 R14

Bridgestone Supercat

Dunlop SP300E

Goodyear Ducaro

Nankang XR611

Firestone TZ100

Chur.

I've driven on Roadstones for the last 4 years. No problems at all. I think they are the budget brand made by Firestone. Used to have Wynstars which also seemed ok. I think they were the el cheapo version of the Dunlop Daytona.

Fo an idea on price I got Roadstone 195/60/14's for $110 each at Flags Tyres (chch) last week. Good place, will deal with them again.

After some new tyres for the parts hauler, but every shop sells a different bloody brand just to confuse me. Can anyone put this list in order of best to worst, or recommend something else worth considering in the 'bit over $100' region?

185/65 R14

Bridgestone Supercat

Dunlop SP300E

Goodyear Ducaro

Nankang XR611

Firestone TZ100

Chur.

Best to worst

Goodyear Ducaro

Dunlop SP300E

Firestone TZ100

Nankang xr611

Supercat

There would not be much difference between the top 2, or the lower 2 for that matter.

I've driven on Roadstones for the last 4 years. No problems at all. I think they are the budget brand made by Firestone. Used to have Wynstars which also seemed ok. I think they were the el cheapo version of the Dunlop Daytona.

Fo an idea on price I got Roadstone 195/60/14's for $110 each at Flags Tyres (chch) last week. Good place, will deal with them again.

Weird

I'm running a Roadstone and Monza 200 on the front both with 7 mm of tread, but I want to get rid of them. So unpredictable and 0 grip. I thought I'd just do heaps of b-owtz to wear them out, but can't be fucked. Anyone want them? :lol:

Ducaros are only $120 so might get them, although I got SP300Es for $110 a while ago and the guy who gave me Ducaro price said SPs are heaps more expensive than Ducaro. Waiting for guy who sold me $110 SPs to get back to me.

I'm running a Roadstone and Monza 200 on the front both with 7 mm of tread, but I want to get rid of them. So unpredictable and 0 grip. I thought I'd just do heaps of b-owtz to wear them out, but can't be fucked. Anyone want them? :lol:

Ducaros are only $120 so might get them, although I got SP300Es for $110 a while ago and the guy who gave me Ducaro price said SPs are heaps more expensive than Ducaro. Waiting for guy who sold me $110 SPs to get back to me.

Monza 200 are well obsolete. I still have a set on a pulsar, the're rubbish. I have a set of 300Es on a work Corolla. I rate them well.