13bt front pulley/counterweight bolt.

danger

Got an engine I'm pulling apart with no flywheel.

Thus have nothing to bolt anything to to stop E shaft moving.

Anyone got a good way to get the bolt undone? I put the 10mm pulley bolts right in and tried to use them to hold a pipe wrench but too weak. Do I have to weld something to the pully bolt collar or something?

either go invest in a flywheel (the alternator adjuster gets bolted to the flywheel and the endplate to stop the motor)

or get a spackplug hole/rotor depression deadstop machined up at 14x1.25 ..*caugh caugh $15 bucks pm caugh*

or go buy a couple of gaskets from your local rotary place and after youve purchased them ask them if they could quickly do it to your motor which is nicely sitting in your boot. (thats what i do for the flywheel one, all it takes is a smile)

its seriosly tight + locktited in, youd need a serious rattle gun, i had a 2m bar on mine.

yeah, theres a valve/spring assembly, my memory is not clear but its a thermal pellet of some sort i think. i cant remeber what its worth or if i brought a new one.

do you have a copy of the factory service manuals and the exploded view part number cattledogs? i can put them on rapidshare if you like it makes life easy.

• Like 1