Random Idle Problem

Goat

The fronte is doing something really weird. It only idles on 2 cyls. At first i though it must be an idle jet on one of the carbs as it runs on all 3cyls above 2000rpm. But the fucked up thing is that it will idle on ANY 2 cyls. If i take the lead of one cyl it wont change the Idle at all. If i take a seccond lead off, it stalls (fair enough, only running on 1/3 of cyls). If i take a lead of a different cyl it will still idle. So as long as there are 2 leads on it will idle and haveing a 3rd lead on doesnt change a thing. Any 2 cyls with leads on it will allow it to idle. CRAZY!! :?. So it cant be a carb thing (as all cyls will idle fine, but only 2 at a time). And i replaced the rotor and dizzy and its still the same. Does any have any ideas cos i'm baffled.

tried another dizzy cap. And another rotor. Does the same thing. No vacuume lines boe. Only vacuume line is to power the fuel pump (chainsaw stz). Ill change the alternator and coil over tomorrow to see if that changes anything. But still doesnt explain how it runs above 2000rpm fine

Increased revs flowing more juice through the charging system, giving more power to the coil... was my theory? Not sure it actually works like that, but you never know! :lol:

It's quarter to three, should have been asleep ages ago, will use that as my excuse etc. :D

Couple of questions for you boe:

1) Two stroke?

2) Single carb per cylinder with no vacuum balance bar?

3) If it is a two stroke does it use Reids (sp) or some other induction pulse control (like a rotary valve thingee that I can't remember the name of)?

It was the spark plugs!! Put in some hotter burning plugs and its dandy now. One of the plugs mighe have had a crack in the insulator or something. And was using more juice than normal. That would explain why when i took one lead away it would fire on that plug as the ignition would only have to run 2 plugs per cycle. Still weird tho