Turbo experience

Josh

It will flow less than the 13b t25g??

Does the T28 have the same flange as the T25g?? Or are they completly different, because I have an adapter that fits the cirrent T25g flange to a T3 (I think) flange on the headers and dont want to have to change that..

Nah boe. td05h big wheel 16g better. :twisted:cause im biased

Mates had 260 4WKW outta his.. suppose that is 350hp.

I think the s15 turb is rated a bit less but it spools quicker so possiably the peoples choice.

thats not very small man

i mean we talking 206kw@7psi or something supposedly?

S15 had 180KW

S15 T28s can flow about the same as a big 16G TD05, supposedly 350hp

i think t28s are meant to be good for about 300, slightly less than the td05s

cant flow any more than that, reach there max at sumthing like 18psi and thats wastegate fully closed

also with the internal gate question

internal should be fine aslong as you dont get a largeish dump pipe (3inches), overwise you may find it overboost, im not sure if the nissan turbos are prone to this?i know the rx7 turbos are, and evos aswell i think

then you either need to port it or get an external

I like the r32/r33 turbos they are a great turbo for 2L or a more worked 1.6L. They were all ball bearing and most with a ceramic turbine which made them spool real quick I know a few people who have used them on 1.6L's and get boost bellow 3000rpm. I have one I'm gunna use on my 2L Gemini I reckon I will get good results from it. If you don't like the ceramic wheel you can go for a VG30 one from a 300zx alot of them had a full steel shaft rather than the ceramic turbine. They also have slightly different trim I've been told.

I didnt know the r32/33 turbs were ball bearing. They arnt power rated as highly as the TD05h I dont think or the GTir turbo.

But then ive never reaserched one before.

The late model 300zx turbo is a decent trubo from what ive heard.

If you buy a new large turbo they often have the option of coming with internal or set up for external gate. Id say the internals in these should be sweet as.

The Gtir T28 alot of people put HKS actuators on them. Perhaps they have problems? Dunno bout S15 T28 one tho.

R32/R33 ceramic turbos are only good for around 1 bar/15psi before the ceramic wheel starts breaking up.

GTIR T28 will make over 300hp, mine was making around 330-340 but it most likely won't last long. A mate was pushing 1.4 bar through his for around 350hp, for a year or so, and when he replaced it with a HKS GT28R the T28 he took off was absolutely fucked.