NZPC Import All-Stars - Feb 17 - Taupo

Guest MarkFleming

Guest MarkFleming

Just a quick one to inform everybody (just in case you weren't aware) of the impending battle between Reece McGregor and the HKS Skyline from Japan.

Its on February 17 at Lakeside International Dragway in Taupo.

I'm part of the organisational team so if you have any questions let me know.

Andre Simon is driving the HKS team car against Reece plus we are attempting to have every other available Pro Import and Sport Mod team on hand for the day. Next issue of NZ Performance Car will have all the matchups...

As far as support racing is concerned (for everybody else), rather than use the usual classes, we'll be running the whole day as heads-up racing with 1-second increments separating each bracket. IE: 9.90, 10.90, 11.90, 12.90, 13.90 and 14.90. If we get enough cars for a 15.90 bracket we will do so on the day but we really don't want anybody slower than the 14.90 if possible....

Gates open 7am, spectator entrance is $25, racing is $40 (if you pre-enter at http://www.lid.co.nz) and $60 on the day if you don't pre-enter. There's another $15 day licence to pay to NZDRA if you're not already licenced.

Hit me with any other questions and I'll post up here.....one last thing, accomodation is already very thin on the ground around Taupo so I would suggest you get on to it now if you intend to stay over....

Guest sexychevette

Can you please include a 20.90 bracket? i have have timeslips which prove that my my car is capable of running well inside the cutoff.

Also it will be awesome to see that hks car in the flesh :twisted:

Guest MarkFleming

Even if you got me another 15 pre-entries for that bracket we still wouldn't consider running you as the support act for the Bikini comp.....mind you the Bikini comp would be over before you guys had even made the end of the track.....

As far as the HKS versus Heat Treatments race is concerned, this all came about because of Reece's fantastic performance at Willowbank. We were disapointed when the HKS driver couldn't make it but we weren't going to let that get in way of a World Title bout....anyway, Andre will be ready and willing on the day.

We are going hard out to ensure the track is as sticky as possible for the event....how does three days of constant track rubbering plus approximately 850-litres of VHT mix sound for the day?

Guest sexychevette
how does three days of constant track rubbering plus approximately 850-litres of VHT mix sound for the day?

Good? i have no idea.

Even if you got me another 15 pre-entries for that bracket we still wouldn't consider running you as the support act for the Bikini comp.....mind you the Bikini comp would be over before you guys had even made the end of the track.....

All of my times have been set on an unprepped track. Also the car was fully laden with unnecessary weight such as- hubcaps, rearseat, fuel cap, stereo etc. Therefore with a little bit of weight reduction, some high octane gas and your sticky track, i will probably be able to shave 5 seconds of my PB(20.22). This will put me comfortably inside the 15.9 bracket! Where do i sign up?

Guest MarkFleming

Sorry mate....I thought you were joking when you spoke about a 20-second timeslip.....

You can signup at http://www.lid.co.nz - follow the information on the site to signup for Import Allstars. If you can't get in tonight, wait a day or so as I am having their entry procedure fine-tuned to be a little less complicated.

Please realise we will only be running a 15.90 bracket if there are 16 or more entries on the day. You are still welcome to compete but there is a possibility you will end up in the 14.90 division on a heads-up start. A little hint, leave on the last amber and you'll beat most people off the line by nearly half a second everytime...

As far as the traction is concerned, this type of track preparation is normally reserved for 4-second nitro burning monsters in the USA....the stuff you see on TV....

hey sexychevette...

race u in my sx60. currently front pas side brake caliper is seized so if i dont fix that i will be in your 20.2 time range ;) otherwise i can fix my brakes and look at trying to compete with you 15.9 class mmk?

def gonna try head to this. my b day is 16th. would be a nice bday pressie if i could have a drive of the hks car? *puppy dog eyes*

hey sexy(chevette)

We should line up a drag with the lada and chevette see what sorta times i could expect and ill enter too hahha.

Im sure people would wanna see our to hardcase pieces of shit racing each other, little bit of humour in the day.

15.90 oldschool class? anyone??

class FS (fuckin slow) :lol::lol:

Guest sexychevette

Nah bro id never crack 15.9. Thats pretty quick aye, i couldn't even crack 20 and my chevette is a bit of a rocketship. Even my skyline would be pushing it to make it into that bracket :lol:

Nah bro id never crack 15.9. Thats pretty quick aye, i couldn't even crack 20 and my chevette is a bit of a rocketship. Even my skyline would be pushing it to make it into that bracket :lol:

Still i reakon some night speed DYO and Grudge racing - chevette V lada V 808 -

Guest sexychevette

Still i reakon some night speed DYO and Grudge racing - chevette V lada V 808 -

Waste of money. We'll just have a race on the motorway onramp. On all of my passes i was crossing the line at about 105km's :lol: so i wasn't speeding and i most definatly wasn't excessively accelerating

Sorry about taking so long....for some reason my log-in wouldn't work so I had to re-register(?)....

Anyway, First passes down track for the big boys (ie HKS and Heat Treatments) is scheduled for 10am which will be practice. The real battles begin at 12.45....

If you're racing yourself, then you need to be there around 7am to get in the gates if you haven't pre-entered.

Is there a way of moving this whole string across there? Here I was trying to fit the info into the correct hole and instead got nailed for spamming......

yea. you got fucked up

im sure one of our sexy moderators will move it. *clicks fingers* wheres mah bitches! *que moderator*