Lake Pipes

nobumps

Does anyone know the legalitys of puting on lake pipes? I know the exhaust isnt meant to exit until after the rear door, but i am going to run them down from the end of the front gaurd down to the start of the back gaurd along the outside of the sill they should pretty much touch the ground when bags are out of air. Is there anyway around the law on this can i get them certed? etc..

• 1 month later...

I always thought there mas a measurement for exaust . For the outlet I mean as In it had to be so many MM from an opening to the passanger cabin or some such BLAH BLAH like that.

As for the cobra debate. Think you'll find they where all as the customer wanted. Nothing real factory on them.

quick question callum :P In my conversion i have put a sigma disc brake rear end in, just wondering how good it has to work? it will stop me in about 25 - 30m from 30 ks and will hold me on a 30 degreeish gradient. someone told me the regs were different for disc brake handbrakes because they dont lock as much as drums?? thanks

back to lake pipes

On the ZX it looks as if i can have the exhaust running all the way under the car and just exiting in front of the rear wheel under the sill. There looks to be a little bit of distance between that and the door.Would this be likely to pass LLVA cert ?

sigside.JPG

not my car but you get the idea for hoe far it is from the door to the wheel arch