Brake Upgrade for 1st Generation Lancer?

lancer misfit

Caboon is right and wrong, because the sigma crossmember moves the engine mounts back by 15mm, it may not work in all engine configurations, specifically it doesn't work for a DOHC transplant.

Bottom arms could probably be modified, however cert people don't like it when that sort of component is heated and or welded and or drilled.

Cheers fellas. The car flew through it's warrent which I didn't expect, so I've got a while longer to sort it. I'll look into an EX GSR upgrade methinks.

Saw pics of your car, Caboonatlarge on the Old Mitsubishi yahoo group email. Looks stunning. Nicely mounted guages in those little empty dash cowels!

cheers man, ive fitted my GSR struts etc.

Looking at them, you can fit the GSR brakes to the LA struts, means you dont have to put smaller spring seats on the GSR struts, but you wont get the camber etc you normally would fitting the GSR struts tho.......

Im pretty sure the sigma crossmember dousnt move the engine back aye, i used to think that till i actually did it, but then again, maybe im wrong.If your gonna do a sohc then it will be fine, thats what i did, dohc then i dont know.