t50 gearbox repair

RidindirtyKE20

if your gonna pull it apart you might as well do the job once and do it properly replace the whole lot , not that much more work as u have to pull the whole gearbox and shaft apart to change the aformentioned parts so change the whole lot , just make sure everything is really clean and you'll be right, have rebuilt a few light isuzu truck boxes and there's nothing hard about them

Guest AE85coupe
Thew t50 to 4age bellhousing is actually the expensive part. Just the box cost ya round $250+

meh, non 4agfe t50s often have the shit output shaft on them though...

yeah 20 spline = shite, wrecked one before

i picked up a t50 for $50 the other day

just have to know where to look :wink:

don't buy them off trademe, get them from a trade and exchange and look for corona gearboxes

The Coronas are prob a good place to look for t50s.

What else is the differance with the 20 tooth splined t50s compared to the 22toothed? If its just the shaft then I would doubt it to be much weaker than the 22spline. I mean how often does that break when breaking a gbox. Ive seen teeth shatter,bend and syncros fuck out but not very often does the shaft break.. I could be wrong tho. Lets face it, the T50 isnt a very strong box in the first place.

they;re strong enough. people just say thy're not due to them breaking under a huge amount of abuse.

plus the revs that are being pulleed when it happens (4age = laughs @ 8krpm cltuch kickin')

I only managed to kill 2nd gear on mine, then the synchros. still drove both time, be it noisily with half the teeth missing off 2nd :wink: