13x7 Hotwires onto a MK1 Cortina

dilusion

I have a '66 mk1 cortina and bougth a set of 13x7 hotwires to put on. I have tried the rims on without tyres the backs fit sweet but there is only about 10ml of room from the strut to the rim on the front. I don't think many tyres will fit on that without rubbing.

Does anyone have experience with 7" rims on a mk1 cortina. Would I have to get spacers in order to get 205's under without probs? I am also worried that it may foul the guard if I put spacers or something on, don't really want to flare it keep it original.

Any info would be appreciated.

205/50/13 should be easy to find as thats basically what an eager is isnt it?

195or185/50/13 may be harder to find but not impossiable. Buy the back two tyres first and try them on the front. 205s may fit. I have a feeling they wont tho.

My mk2 tina has 205s rear and 185s front. I wouldnt be surprised if it was for this same reason.

I called around all the tyre shops here in chch and they told me that nobody made 205/50's only 205/60s but everyone had 215/50's and I'd definately have to do some guard/hub modification to fit those on.

I will probably just have to go for some 195/60s or something, wont look as good but who gives a shit!

Surely someone makes 205 50s. The prob with ringing around the tyre shops they will only know the sizes for the actual brands they sell. Try federal as they often make weird size tyres like for example 195 45 15.

Mine are 205 50 15s. Forgot to mention that.

Also try 'Tonys Tyre Serice' as they have real good service and will prob find something for you if not have something.

OR if you have money they would prob do a dunlop semi slick or the likes in the size you want. Try the DZ02G or the DO1J & D98 Dunlop range as they say they do other sizes. ie custom tyres. Looking at $240 min tyre here however and they wear down quick.

Thanks all I will let you know how I get on ;) I may still need those spacers and if I do I'll definately let you know cheers bro. Took the block and head into the machineist in the weekend can't wait to get the bitch on the road :D