Mitsi solex carby

Dicey

hey i found a carby on a 4g32 and its a aftermarket solex one i compaired it 2 and standard 4g63 carby and the butterflies look about the same size. I was just wondering if i have found a bit of a tresure? and if anybodys got any info about it thanx.=-)

• 2 weeks later...
I just assumed that since it was a solex 1 that it was aftermarket and i just guessed that because 16 hundy and 2 litre naturaly the butterflies woud b bigger.

Solex's are a pretty standard brand. Toyotas use solex mikunis ( :oops: ) on some engines etc etc..

Often they will use the same carb and just change the jets as the larger capacity engine will draw more air anyway. Doesn't really need a larger intake as such.

Hey has any body got a twin carby manifold for a 4g63 if so how much?

You could get some second hand carbs for around $400 (40mm, could be cheaper) and get a manifold made for around $200. Thatd be the way to go man. Would sound cool and go hard(er).

aint selling my twins.Its been 3 months to just rebuild the fuckers!!lol

Will be selling a 32/36 downdraft weber on an adapted 4g63 manifold.Is spose to give you about 10hp increase......

Was that my old carb? Went mean and sounded awesome too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 575679.htm

Get in quick for those ^ Going cheap!