Ex lancer help req

Guest back2da_primitive

Guest back2da_primitive

Both of these questions have both prob been asked a million times but couldnt find an answer using search...

anyway i have a 81 ex lancer ,1.2l

was wondering if any1 knew what spring companies sell "super low" springs for this car? im pretty sure kings only have front springs listed. Failing that is their any other sping made for another car that would fit?

also the engine in my car is a 4g11 and assume that 4g32/4g63 wont go strait in, will a 4g12 turbo motor go in though? these are out of early early eighties mirages, suck through turbo numbers.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

OK, these guy's obviously arn't being much help.

If you have a 1200 orion series engine you'll need a different engine crossmember, I'd recomend buying a whole 2L RWD sigma for $50 or somthing in rough condition.

Bolt the whole subframe in, including struts and brakes, swaybar etc.

If you keep the original lancer struts for some reason, the front springs are actually the same diameter as the back so you could just use the same as the front in the back.

It's a real easy conversion.

Heres a couple of links which may be of interest.

//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4378

//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic. ... hlight=lsd

Guest back2da_primitive

Thats answered all my questions, cheers guys. The reason i asked was because mag and turbo was trying to tell me that my lancer had leaf spring rear and they could only get low fronts. Waste of time. Cheers

Thats answered all my questions, cheers guys. The reason i asked was because mag and turbo was trying to tell me that my lancer had leaf spring rear and they could only get low fronts. Waste of time. Cheers

HAHA this has been happening so much and people sharing such experiences on various forums. God that is ****ing lol.

Piss off, at least I know they're stiff, I don't want to go and buy some bloody king springs then find they're real soft as I have experienced king springs to be before.
But does anyone really know REALLY what spring rate those springs are?

I mean it's not much use if you don't know is it, GOSH!

gosh

:rolleyes:

The spring rates of king springs are available, all you have to do is pick up the phone and chat to someone who knows. All that sort of information is available. Plus king springs are engineered to be SAFE above all else, rather than the inexact science of cutting or compressing std springs. If your vehicle is built to the point where you need play around with spring rates then it should be using adjustable perches and 2.5" motorsport springs which are available in a myriad of rates. And no dispespect intended, but i doubt that your lancer has been rose jointed, seam welded, caged. etc all of which will have much more effect on its handliong than changing spring rates alone.

It's not been rose jointed or caged yet as It's still in my garage building the engine and fitting it.

Engines all done, just need to make up a throttlebody gasket and fit the timing belt.

I'll see how it goes around ruapuna with the cut sigma springs it has in it now, I'll probably end up getting some different springs in any case though.

• 1 month later...
Guest DXTACY

so am i right in saying

if i have a ex lancer, 1600 gsl model

and i have a sigma 2ltr and 5 speed box(4g63 sohc 8v?)

will the sigma engine and gearbox bolt driectly into my lancer, slot straight onto the driveshaft and shifter position be in the same place as the 1600? also wats the haps with water lines and wiring are these all the same as the 4g32 originally out of the lancer?

also will the exuast manifold off the 4g32 bolt up to the 4g63?

cheers guys

i am doing this conversion next week just getting the engine back from the reconditioners

:twisted:

so am i right in saying

if i have a ex lancer, 1600 gsl model

and i have a sigma 2ltr and 5 speed box(4g63 sohc 8v?)

will the sigma engine and gearbox bolt driectly into my lancer, slot straight onto the driveshaft and shifter position be in the same place as the 1600? also wats the haps with water lines and wiring are these all the same as the 4g32 originally out of the lancer?

also will the exuast manifold off the 4g32 bolt up to the 4g63?

cheers guys

i am doing this conversion next week just getting the engine back from the reconditioners

:twisted:

1600cc and 2000cc share same cross-member, but the 1200cc model doesn't.

Not sure about the gearbox cross member, but the 4G63 will bolt in where the 4G32 used to be. Water lines should pretty much be the same as all the outlets/inlets and water pump are in the same position.

4G32 manifold will not bolt up to 4G63.

Guest DXTACY

sweet so engine will bolt straight in, will the lancer driveshaft fit?

and also wiring is the same im guessing?

does anyone know if the 4g32 front engine covers will fit a 4g63 sohc 8v engine

does anyone know if the 4g32 front engine covers will fit a 4g63 sohc 8v engine

No. They are two different series of engines. The share the same mounting points and thats about it externally.

Wiring should be the same, they use the same distributor layout and the carb should only have the one fuel cut solenoid wire going to it.