my dads falcon running like a bag of shit

excort

hey guys well i thought id ask you's if you would have any idea what i could try to get my dads 1990 ea falcon to run better lattely its not been running good at all has trouble starting and when it heats up it seems to miss past 2grand no back fireing tho i thought it mite be the injectors have put 2 injector cleaners threw its running abit better but still not like it used to is there a way to take the injectors out and clean them manualy without putting anything out of place cheers guys :)

do the fuel filter first.....

and leads etc

Yea man do that, and check the plugs too. To take the injectors out just unbolt the injector rail (about 6 bolts I think) then pull the plugs off the injectors and it should all just lift out. Then take them somewhere to be checked/cleaned, it wont stuff anything up :)

• 3 months later...
Guest turbo mazda

first clean the air flow meter plug connections.

Then id try a new oxygen sensor from pick a part.

Does it run worse when it heats up or when cold???

It's probably a single point injection system

leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor. check timing, and if that doesnt fix it, get the 'ignitor' / ignition module (same kinda shizz as points basically on electronic dizzy) checked by and auto sparky.

does it foul the plugs? 3.9s are shocking for valve stem seals/guides letting oil into the bores. my old man's smoked after idling for any period, was the stem seals. if it was parked in the shed for a long period or just run around the section it would foul a plug after a few months. this *may* have something to do with it.

but yuyh. tune up, if that imporves it greatly then give it a good run and see what happens. otherwise i'd be looking toward a fuel problem, or deeper electrical

if it's multipoint (badged all over the car as 'efi') then it could be something more sinister.

I've heard of the headgasket troubles too. my old mans old one was done when he got it, and he never had probs with anything on the car ever, and did shitloads of km. some builder in taihape has it now....

keep us posted