4GAZIM's 72 Colt Coupe/DOHC turbo conversion

Speedyrr

Nice! Its always good to see how big an engine you can slap in small cars.

Should go quick too. How long before the paint gets some attention?

Check out this for more inspiration since you wanna go 4g63 turbo

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthr ... 82&page=13

You'll have to join to view it but well worth the effort, same car with a 600 horse engine made up for 9s 1/4's theoretically.

I've got one of these as well but it's all stock, been considering what to do with the others tho, did you think about mivec 1600 before going for a 2L engine?

cheers :) i tried that link and registered, but the link aint working for some strange reason.. i will go and have a proper look thru that website tho. thanks .

as for car, i was actually lookin around for a written off cyborg, cos i wanted to put a 1600 turbo in it. but hard to come by :( that would have been cool. but the 2L should make her fly. will be updating pics as i progress..

paint will be applied this month. just tidying engine bay..

• Like 1

Nice ride. cressida/toyota mags on it look mean.

haha, yeah cheers man. i scored them for 80 bucks, then blasted them and got the centres painted bright silver and polished the outter lip.. bit different , but still keeps the car lookin retro as aye :)

• 1 month later...
Guest LILHEMI

howdy gentlemen. the car in the first link is mine. i pretty much gave up on that site as i get harrased by the moderators for whatever reason when i post there now. the car is currently not running as the convertor took a shit on me. its on its way back as we type. the car is a rocket and i would highly recommend this swap to anyone interested. its not hard and the motor bolts in with Mighty max motor mounts. if you have any questions ask away id be happy to answer them.

• 4 weeks later...
howdy gentlemen. the car in the first link is mine. i pretty much gave up on that site as i get harrased by the moderators for whatever reason when i post there now. the car is currently not running as the convertor took a shit on me. its on its way back as we type. the car is a rocket and i would highly recommend this swap to anyone interested. its not hard and the motor bolts in with Mighty max motor mounts. if you have any questions ask away id be happy to answer them.

Hey John, hows the colt going? Looking forward to seeing some info on your car on this site. Been looking for progress on the other site for your car but obviously that isn't going to happen now.

On another note what hapened to 4GAZM's car on trademe, has it sold or what? Just checked the link and its got the ominous "withdrawn by administrator" page up.

I remember that it had a lot of new parts in it and was wondering where you got them from and what $$$ were involved for stuff like new interior panels and the like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so the 4g63b can bolt up to a 4g52 box??? , this kinda stuff should be stored in the workshop section aye everyone kows how to do a 2ltr pinto conversionbut i have heard shitall about other engines ..mods??