3k 4spd conversion to 4k 5spd

WildPlumDx

2k will be jetted differently, if not a smaller carb overall.....

leave the stock one on there if it's running fine, and source a non-emissions carb of an earlier model or something.

you wont need certs. factory or not, it doesnt fit the criteria for needing cert so long as you stick with the k50 5 speed, which bolts in. same with auto-manual conversions, if it bolts up, there's no problem

w3rd

just looked at the 4k i'm gonna help a mate put in and its buzzy as its a 4k mk2 says twin squart or something out of it what the heck is a 4k mk2? it looks as if it has aircon unit attached and the carby looks way bigger then usaual with a million breather hoses off it ?

You have a 4K-U.... U denotes Jap emission controlled engine, so it would have come with a catalytic converter etc etc. Despite this, it is the most powerful 4K engine produced, at 74hp ground shaking hp (factory claim so don't be surprised if it's a load of shyte). My KP61 runs a 4K-U. You can remove and plug up all the emissions crap. I haven't got any of it remaining.

The words on the air filter housing are "Twin squish" btw. At a guess it's something to do with combustion chamber design.