Corrupts Mk5 Cortina

droppdkp

yeh, i sometimes think so aswell, thats why i still got them in my room just incase. the 16s are just more appealing to me atm because it raises the front crossmember back up to legal height(tridents made it 85mm) and i can sack out the rear hard becuase these wheels clear the guards no sweat. where did you suggest to get springs compressed a while ago? im gonna get a pair of rears done for the new tina, which by the way should be on the road within a month 8)

i just got my rear leaves done at snells springs who can compress and even make custom springs, my dad talked to the guy about compressing and customs but the owner said that kings would beat his springs anyday haha, coming from the owner. I think if you want super low springs then maybe you could get custom coil overs because they can be cut to any length but they would set you back a rather large sum because you need custom struts

I have some standard steelies if you want them!

already got a couple of pairs, trying to get away frmo the standard side of things aye lol thanks anyway man.

yeh i think ill get some custom springs made up, giving for the fact that apparently snells will fix them if they fuck them up and you arent happy with them, this way i know im gonna eventially get what i want

i got mine for 300. i MUST warn anyone wanting to get these rims, make sure you are using the factory tapered washer nuts off a mondeo! my cars a write off after the wheel falling off on the motorway because i was given the wrong nuts when i bought them. yeh some on trademe atm 400 with good tyres - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 646722.htm

offset is fwd, code off the back of my fucked rim are 6jx16hz et40, all sweet for a mk5cortina, even with cut springs in it, no guard rub :lol: yeah droppedkp, bigger rims would look sick on your car, means you can sack it out harder eh :) thats if you get a good offset, get more chicks aswell i reckon, chicks dont appreciate 13" oldschool rims. also cheaper tyres, for my 16s, i got a full set of 2nd hand 205/50/r16s for 200 all fitted and balanced.

• 2 weeks later...
you cant unlock the doors without the alarm thing, becuase theres no knobs

thats illegal. you wont get WOF/CERT will you... been looking into it myself, but if your in the car, and the power fails, you'll be fucked. i know its bullshit, because you wouldnt lock your car if you were in it, but thats what the wof man says anyway :?

i think hes saying, that i wont pass a wof if i dont have my interior lock knobby things, becuase i wanted to take the knobs off my interior locks, so if someone smashed the window, they still wouldnt be able to unlock the door, so theyd have to climb thru the window etc. simple solution, put on for wofs, take off for the rest of the 5.99 months untill the next wof.

• 1 month later...

the tridents definatly give it a different look to the 16s, more aggressive etc, its beginning to feel exactly like the old cortina now that their on :D, i kinda prefer it on tridents over the 16s, but the 16s will look mean when i get some superlows for it.