Man's best friend!

Ned

underbody seal is by FAR mans best friend! that stuff is awesome!

i'm re-building the starlet, and now i'm putting underbody seal EVERYWHERE! well maybe not everywhere, but most places that do not get seen from the general public, will have the stuff on it.

i'm building this bugger so it wont rust out untill 2050!

sorry, just thought some others needed to know this... ? :? maybe?

I know exactly what ya mean :wink:

Doing exactly the same on the rebuild of the Capri, remove 35 yrs worth of road cr@p and underseal, rust convertor, prime and then new underseal 8)

And like yourself there aint noway I want the Capri starting to rust once all this work is done :twisted:

whats the best way of removing the underseal? its some nasty lumpy shit. Im thinking i'll remove mine and redo it all as well. doesnt really needed to be painted over as blakcs fine for the wheel wells as far as im concerned.

dont remove it if you dont have to! ask WDE_BDY! he'll tell you how much of a mission it it :P i got mine sand blasted.

and yes, it is the rubbery black rubbery stuff, its not that heavy man. used about 1L so far, and that got me the inside of the doors, front guards and 1/4 of the underbody. so 2-3 liters will do everything i want to do. weighs bugger all, if i was that worried about the weight of the car, i'd lose some weight myself.

whats the best way of removing the underseal? its some nasty lumpy shit. Im thinking i'll remove mine and redo it all as well. doesnt really needed to be painted over as blakcs fine for the wheel wells as far as im concerned.

I used a couple of methods on the Capri, sandblasting while very effective is also very messy in a confined area but the results speak for themselves with this method.

Angle grinder with wirebrush type head not as good as the sandblasting and takes a bit more time and the results are pretty good.

Electric Drill with wire head, mainly used' for the hard to get spots and just as effective as the angle grinder

As for the wire brush, well lets just say you might be there for sometime using that method'

:wink: