Valiants

Guest vhpacer73

Guest vhpacer73

What size holley 4 barrel is best for a 245 hemi?400cfm???Can you still buy 4 barrel manifolds for a hemi? Also what would a 265 head on a 245 do for it??

http://www.holley.com/data/TechService/ ... uretor.pdf

Keep in mind you have to factor in volumetric effiency and with a single 4bbl manifold on a slant-6 wou'll probably be looking at something like 70-75%

I'm no expert either though, but I did do a lot of digging around before I put a 350CFM on my old 202ci which was oversized for the application, would have been better with a 300cfm or a rejetted 400cfm with vacuum secondaries instead of the mechanical of the 350cfm I got.

a 465cfm for a stock to mild then a 600cfm for any thing wild . im using a 465 on my 236 chevy v6 thats fully worked . it seems ok but im gonna try a 600 double pumper i think it will help the top end as the 465 doesnt want to pull past 6500 very well and ive still got 1000 to go

Redline performasnce make the original Hemi six Holley manifold,use a 600 CFM,and you can bolt the 265 head straight on,same part!.What you really need is the E38 head with bigger valves.All performance bits are available over here for hemis,make a date to travel over to the annual Chrysler days at Mt Gravatt or South Australia ( Chryslers on the Murry) .

http://www.hemiperformance.com.au/

Just a note here,My Mum had a E38 Charger in NZ ,bought it new from Wright stevensons in TeKuiti,had it two weeks and traded it for a V6 Capri.The dealer picked up a couple of chicks took them out for a demo and wrote the car off...two weeks old!! :?