performance diff between 4g54 & 4g63 ??

WildPlumDx

4G54 doesn't like to rev at all

4G63 doesn't really either, but it's a little better. The 54 can be coaxed to produce good lowdown torque, I'd say go with a 54 if you can get one, but if not, a 63 is a valid replacement. I have one in my celeste and it goes pretty hard. About 96hp standy, same as a pinto, but the 63's have better designed inlet manifolds than a pinto apparently.

4g63 all the way.

Abit harder to get intake manifold for bit int he end its a mucj better engine.Newer etc, can get aftermarket pistons and rods and stuff too.All the bits that are on the starion and evem the vr4 will bolt straight up.The 4g52 and 4g54 are getting pretty old now.Everyone blahs on about the 4g5 but thats only coz all the guys in ozz do them up coz they cant get the n/a 4g63.Also if you go turbo then its much easier to got from a n/a 4g63.All the sigmas that are in nz (2lt ones) are all 4g63 so there is a huge amount of parts awailable.

The 4g63 beaths alot better than the 4g54 and revs higher and also has good torque down low

Im really happy with mine.

Ive been told the 4g63 is 100hp standars and has a compression ratio of 8.5:1, whereas the 5g54 is 9.5:1 and 120hp, but find that th 4g63 is actually a faster motor round a track even tho its lower hp.

4g63 all the way!

The 63 is good of you want to modify I reckon, the 54 is probably better if you just want a kick around ragdoll engine that'll bolt straight in to what you have now

Hmm in saying that, so will the 63

Meh up to you, if you were closer I'd take you for a cane in a 63