5 speed esky?

jaymz

i'm sick of my esky reving so high at 100kph i was thinking about puting a 3.54 diff in but then i'ld lose to much bottom end speed so i thought it would be better to through a 5 speed in. What's the best box to put in and easyest to fit. cheers

ps i have a mk2 1300 with a 1600 in it

• 1 month later...

does anyone have the legend for all the codes that are on the plate under the bonnet.. that tells you your diff ratio i think.. and i thought it was in the haines manual but i can't seem to find it... i saw it somewhere thouigh i think it may have been ont his site

wait.. i don't understand.. if you want a higher top speed you would want a taller ratio diff wouldn't you? say a 4.4:1 ? because that mean every turn of the driveshaft the wheel does 4.4 rotations... why is everyone wanting 3.54s? which is the lowest.... which would make more power but lower top speed.... am i right? or just dumb?

cheers

Jerm

Guest WESTCORT

other way round mate, every 4.4 turns of the driveshaft = one turn of the wheel, so a 3.54 means the driveshaft doesnt have to turn as much for one full spin of the wheel as compared to a 3.89, therefore lower revs at 100kph, now jerm sell me that diff you have or ill come steal it in the night. :twisted: