mounting a blower...?

Guest 76 lux

Guest 76 lux

hey, i was wondering if any one new if you can mount a sc14 supercharger off a 1ggze (similar to sc12 off 4agze) on its side on top of the inlet manifold? with the carb on top, no reason why not is there??? as long as the gearing in the back still has oil reaching them??? has any one tried?

if no one knows i might just have to try..!

problem with that is how the belts would reach the blower, you'd have to get custom gears and belts and pulleys made up, but it would work pretty well if you coudl get it going.

just a bitch to set up

Guest 76 lux

i dont know how hard it would be to weld or bolt a pulley to fit the same belt as the blower to the existing crank pulley, but i guss it could be done, then make a costom belt tentioner, a adapter plate would have to be made to fit it to the manifold, but i think it wouldnt be too hard, i could even lenthen the drive on the blower just so it would clear the rest of the belts maybe???? :idea: then find an su carb off something????

any one got any bright ideas???? :rolleyes:

or would a holley 2 barrel be better?

• 4 months later...

there is a guy in hastings with a toyota blower on a rota in a t bucket. it has a custom snout and drive hes running a 4 barrel holley. makes about 10lb boost with a 1to1 drive. ie 1 turn of the crank to 1 turn of the blower. hes figured out that spinning it any faster just makes more heat resulting in detonation and BANG a popped rota

fuck yeah that would be much easier than turbo... did it go alot harder? i see that is on a 2L pinto.. what car was it in?.. did he just run a pipe into the top of the carb?

oh I assumed we were talking about a pinto..?

anyway it was in his capri. Did it go a lot harder than what...? a turbo? no...but it definately went a lot harder than n/a considering his internals were basically standard. You could ram it down a carb but at the time he used an adapted toyota 2t efi. Power was 140hp at the rears.

dyno.jpg