Tumeke

Tumeke's 2.5 PI Trumpet

4 posts in this topic

Pulled some stuffs off on the weekend to have a wee look at timing and other such things.

3vly3yhd.nsd.jpg

Something wasn't quite right when checking the timing of the fuel metering unit (to manual specifications) so pulled the dizzy out and found things to be off from where should be

agxbzsd2.c1c.jpg

Fudged stuff about for a long period of time and made the dizzy dog line up to 12 o'clock and the metering unit injector # 6 position to be within the satisfactory limit, and the dizzy rotor to be at number 1 lead for timing at TDC compression stroke.

Then flushed through injectors again, all worked (some a bit temperamental but ok with a good smack)

Then managed to started car. It did kinda start with a bit of ether up it, but not running properly. Rotated the dizzy and got it to stay running. Feels like the timing marks on the pulley are wrong..?  Didn't have a timing light to check any further into that. Got it running on 4-5 of a possible 6. Still, progress I think.

Tonight I'll try to put a timing light on it, replace a couple of injectors with more reliable spares and see what happens then.

You, too can tell me how the TC is much more reliable, like everyone at the European British car show, by clicking here.

3 people like this

Went back last night. Something is not right....

New theory - anyone had this kinda thing below happen? 

damper-refurshbiment-fig-5-large.jpg

(Interweb pic - not mine) or has the key just fallen out / shattered?

Discuss!

1 person likes this