ID of 14" wheel inner barrel?

zep

I'm trying to determine if I can fit 14s over my brakes but don't have a 14" wheel to try. The outside radius of my caliper is about 165mm from the hub centre, so it works out to be a diameter of 13". I know that the wheel diameter is measured across the bead, but it's hard to find an ID of the barrel for brake clearance.

I figure that this will be different across different wheels, but could someone with some Japanese 2/3 piece wheels please give me a measurement?

Thanks!

Hrm, with the 165 radius to the outer caliper, that puts them at 330mm, so they wouldn't clear either of them. Might need to find a smaller rotor.

Actually, looking at it again, it would depend where the rotor sits. Mine are fairly deep, i.e. the rotor is behind the 25mm hub and has a 49mm offset, which is quite deep.

What size rotors are you planning to use? I managed to fit 276mm rotors with Dynalite calipers inside a 14x7" Hoshino Racing G5 or whatever they are. I can't measure it sadly as I sold them as tyres for 7.5" (rear) were too much of a ballache to get for cert. They now sit behind 15x7 XR4's and it's still a pretty tight fit. Caliper is probably closer to the rear of the wheel face rather than barrel, though I haven't tried to measure. 

13 hours ago, Bling said:

What size rotors are you planning to use? I managed to fit 276mm rotors with Dynalite calipers inside a 14x7" Hoshino Racing G5 or whatever they are. I can't measure it sadly as I sold them as tyres for 7.5" (rear) were too much of a ballache to get for cert. They now sit behind 15x7 XR4's and it's still a pretty tight fit. Caliper is probably closer to the rear of the wheel face rather than barrel, though I haven't tried to measure. 

I currently have 280mm, but could swap them out for 269mm, 262mm or 260mm rotors as I haven't made the Wilwood caliper bracket yet. I also wary that I am running 266mm rears (but just single pot sliders) so don't really want to be too far under that. With the current 49mm rotor offset, the calipers will sit further in, so should be closer to the backside of the wheel.

13 hours ago, Beaver said:

Had a measure of my 14x6.5 Volk Mesh racing. Has two IDs; Inside (where centre mounts) is around 320mm, the larger ID towards the wheel edge is around 350mm.

Hrm, my measurement of 330mm might be okay then, as long as the caliper is deep enough into the wheel.

• Like 1