Converting 4G93 to RWD

Cruza

all 4G9x engines are narrow block however from the CM5A GSR (Evo 4 shape) onwards the bellhousing pattern changes slightly (same goes for the Evo 4+ 4G63). The transverse 4G9x doesn't have any provisions on the block to mount RWD engine mounts to, however if you can find a 4G92 from a Jap import L300 van you would have a 4G9x RWD block and water pump/water pipe routing setup from factory.

• Like 3

On 31/12/2022 at 04:44, shrike said:

What year 4g93? Early model (GSR same year as evo 1-3) will be narrow block and will use the same narrow gearbox as the 4g63s use 

Fuel mentioned that l200 1980 onwards have the narrow block gearboxes or the RWD Sigmas

On 31/12/2022 at 04:44, shrike said:

What year 4g93? Early model (GSR same year as evo 1-3) will be narrow block and will use the same narrow gearbox as the 4g63s use 

Fuel mentioned that l200 1980 onwards have the narrow block gearboxes or the RWD Sigmas

thanks for the answers, i have experience with fwd 4g93 (2001) but dont know squat about the sigma's, so i have a bit to learn, i'm in qld aus so i will ask around on one of the sigma forums, finding an early model L200 will be a hard find, i had a look at a early narrow block 1600 lancer g/box (1975 ish i think) but no good............thanks again for your input...cheers