75 Suzuki GT125

Doug Hill

Oh awesome! Glad this turned up  here. I was all geared to bid on it at the end of the auction but then it was withdrawn. Wondered what happened to it!

Keen to see the build/tidy up. Love these little honeys.

PM me if you ever want to sell ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Oh awesome! Glad this turned up  here. I was all geared to bid on it at the end of the auction but then it was withdrawn. Wondered what happened to it!

Keen to see the build/tidy up. Love these little honeys.

PM me if you ever want to sell ;)

I can't sell it! It's far too coo

Have a pile of NOS bits for when the restoration happens 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Finally got time to pull Glenn out of the storage unit and in to the new-to-me tiny garage 

Fitted him with a nice set of original handlebars to get rid of those shocking flatbars 

Looks like I'll have to make a new brake line as the original solid joiner has been shortened. So I guess I'll rebuild the front brakes while I'm at it

Screenshot_20230112-214830_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230112-214826_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Slowly putting the GT125 back together. 

Built a 20t big bench top press to do the crank, all the cheaper presses I looked at were poxy piles of shit. And of course I didn't take pics once I finished it

Ignition timing set. Just finishing off getting the right surface finish on the side covers, it's kinda half ass polished in all the pics and how the bike arrived. So keeping it that way. New old stock emblems coming for the covers. 

Cases all glass blasted and re-treated, pretty chuffed with how they look.

Now on to the carbs, need to remember to order the intake gasket thingymabobs from somewhere, strange wee carbs the VM18s. The resin/phenolic spacer inside the bore is not listed in the Suzuki parts book, but it looks like you can get a newer and much sexier alternative nowadays. 

So my final hurdle is, some parts of the frame aren't super tidy but it is original paint. I'll have to see how the OCD vs originality battle goes once I put the engine in

20240420_184029.jpg

20240419_104556.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GregT said:

Have you got the cover for the cylinder head ?  That at least should be polished. It's the one thing that makes the ramair versions stand out.

The spark plug cover? I'm missing one of those. Seem like hens dicks to find too

• Like 1

Popped the engine back in at some stupid hour last night. Nice to have the original back in the frame, the spare was from a later ugly era GT. Side note, I am desperate to get the new shed builtScreenshot_20240421_191246_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8fbb20444b86f45a9b795e1f3244f79f.jpg

• Like 3